Me and my yka keeps coming back to one of our favorite cake shop (for now) just for one simple reason… we love sylvannas whew…. it’s like what… ammmmm every weekends, saturdays and sundays (which was the only days we see each other) we share this together….. dont know why but it really is special to us…. “masarap kasi talga” that’s why i’d choose to post this, and try doing this at home….
Here it is…
PinoyRecipe.net’s Sylvannas Recipe, a simplified version of a much-loved dessert, so easy to prepare you can do it anytime. No need to bake the meringue base. With this recipe, sylvannas will no longer be just an occasional treat!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes plus 1 hour to refrigerate sylvannas
- 1 250ml NESTLÉ All Purpose Cream, chilled
- 1 cup butter, slightly softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup chopped cashew nuts, roasted
- 24 pieces otap (local flaky cookie)
Sylvannas Cooking Instructions:
- In a bowl, whip cream with half of the powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Fold the whipped cream into the creamed butter.
- Spread cream mixture on a piece of otap, sprinkle with chopped nuts and top with another piece of otap. Cover the entire surface of the otap with more butter-cream mixture. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll on the chopped cashew nuts and chill until ready to serve
Good to Remember:
For an interesting burst of tastes and textures, use a mixture of both local and imported nuts like peanuts, cashew, pili with walnuts, almonds and pecans.