Grilled Stuffed Pusit
Last Saturday me with some friends went to a local restaurant somewhere at Bay Laguna, well it’s not my first time there but it’s my first time to try their grilled stuffed pusit and whoww…. it is really good! authentic Filipino dish, The texture of the squid, dipped in soy sauce plus the onion and the tomato, so delicious…. I said that I’ll be posting this dish at our blog so everyone can make one to try at home, just to make a simple lunch of dinner more special. So here’s what we need:
Inihaw na Pusit (Grilled Stuffed Squid) Recipe
Serves/Makes: 2 – 3
- 1 fresh large squid (pusit)
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 medium Spanish onion, diced
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Sawsawan (Dip Sauce), see the recipe below
How to cook Inihaw na Pusit (Grilled Stuffed Squid):
- In a large container, combine onion and tomato.
- Add some salt and pepper and mix well.
- Stuff the squid with the mixed vegetables and seasonings.
- Grill the squid until both sides are cooked.
- Serve the Inihaw na Pusit (Grilled Stuffed Squid) hot with Sawsawan (Dip Sauce).
Sawsawan (Dip Sauce) Recipe
Sawsawan (Dip Sauce) Ingredients:
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3 dried Thai chili
- 1/2 lemon or 2 calamansi (lime)
How to cook Sawsawan (Dip Sauce):
- In a small container or bowl, extract the lemon juice by squeezing.
- Add the soy sauce, and dried Thai chili.
- The Inihaw na Pusit (Grilled Stuffed Squid) recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
- This recipe for Inihaw na Pusit (Grilled Stuffed Squid) serves/makes: 2 – 3